Our flagship game, CAVEMAN CRAIG: THE TRIBES OF BOGGDROP, is now available for Mac & Windows through Steam!
Purchase the game within the first week for a 15% discount, bringing it down to just $9.34 USD.
CAVEMAN CRAIG is a remastered version of Caveman Craig 2, featuring re-imagined levels, new dinosaurs, co-op, and a list of improvements we can’t begin to count!
Check out the recent Let’s Play that I did with my mate Nat.
Own Caveman Craig 2?
If you already own the older game, Caveman Craig 2, you are eligible to receive a Steam key for Caveman Craig: The Tribes of Boggdrop (don’t let the names confuse you – Caveman Craig: The Tribes of Boggdrop is a new, remastered version of Caveman Craig 2).
To register for a Steam key, please fill out this form.
Parabox Games are excited to announce that, following Caveman Craig 2 being greenlit on Steam, we will be releasing a revamped, refreshed, and updated adventure with our hero, titled Caveman Craig: The Tribes of Boggdrop, or simply Caveman Craig for short. We plan to release Caveman Craig in August, 2015!
Caveman Craig will include a grokkload of new features and improvements, including the long awaited and embarrassingly over-delayed Dudu Forest DLC!
“Wait.. what?? Didn’t you release Caveman Craig 2 like.. 3 years ago?”
That’s correct, we did! And Caveman Craig is, as far as our existing fanbase is concerned, simply an overhaul of Caveman Craig 2, but with a new name. Our chore-list for a Steam release got so long, that we realised we’re releasing a sort of reboot. Branding this reboot as simply Caveman Craig allows the game to stand on its own two feet and attract our new Steam market.
“Ok – so what are the new features in Caveman Craig?”
If you’ve already bought & played Caveman Craig 2, here are some features that may be particularly interesting to you..
- Engine Overhaul - The game has been ported to GameMaker: Studio from GameMaker 8 for massive performance benefits, plus making a number of other new features possible and fixing a number of crashes that were caused by the ageing GM8 engine with newer machines.
- Sound Engine Overhaul - Better positional audio, dynamic effects, new & replaced sound effects. plus an expanded soundtrack by Ricky Garcia.
- Graphics Engine Improvements - Better scaling, new lighting/shader engine, tweaked animations, and more!
- Support for Mac OS X – Native and full support for Mac OS X! Play Caveman Craig and wear a scarf!
- Dudu Forest DLC - Included by default in Caveman Craig will be our long-awaited Battle at Dudu Forest DLC. Featuring:
- A whole new Conquest level with a new dinosaur, playable character / enemy, and other secrets..
- Unique challenges and unlocks added throughout the campaign. Harvest mushrooms, collect the rare colourful Scansoriopteryx feathers, or find the long lost tablets of caveman wisdom and literature!
- New achievements and unlocks, including some really stupid cheats!
- Multiplayer - Invite your friend over to your house like we did in the 90s and play Conquest or Survival mode in 2 player split-screen co-op! Requires a game controller (PlayStation or Xbox controllers are good)
- Custom Games – Play a customised game of Conquest or Survival mode – make it super hard, super easy, or super weird!
- Gameplay and control improvements - Dinosaur behaviour improvements, improved HUD and learning curve, and heaps more – too many to list!
- Steam only features - Friend leaderboards for various game statistics, Steam achievements, Profile and game save sync over Steam cloud.
“I already own CC2! Do I have to buy Caveman Craig? Wasn’t the DLC meant to be free?”
Do not fear! Caveman Craig will be free for existing owners of Caveman Craig 2. In fact, if you own a copy of the game, we would like to warmly invite you to participate in our BETA program on Steam. More details on this to come soon..
We want to thank our long term fans for their continued support of the Caveman Craig franchise. It is so exciting to bring the game to a new market, and breathe new life into our game.
On 20th April, 2008, we released Caveman Craig to YoYo Games as an entry into their “ancient civilisations” game design competition. Today marks the 5th anniversary, and Tim and I wanted to celebrate with a few exciting announcements!
Caveman Craig Special Edition is now FREE!
The special edition of Caveman Craig 1 is now FREE to download from this website.
Caveman Craig 2 is now just $6.99!
We are reducing the prize of Caveman Craig 2 to $6.99, if you buy from Desura or CavemanCraig.com. That’s 30% off!
Release Date & feature list for Caveman Craig 2: The Battle at Dudu Forest, announced!
We will be releasing the FREE “Battle at DuDu Forest” DLC for Caveman Craig 2 on the 12th of May, 2013. The DLC is a brand new conquest level set in a dense and lively forest, featuring..
– Beautiful new animated scene
– A new dinosaur with a unique challenge to unlock secrets!
– A new enemy caveman that you can defeat and unlock for play in classic mode
– And more! But we don’t want to spoil it for you..
The DLC will also provide some tweaks and updates to the main game, including..
– Shake off dinosaurs by pressing A and D in rhythm instead of mashing spacebar
– Throw rocks/spears using the W key for easier throwing
– Sort the caveman overview list by birth date, caveman type, following status, skill level, health, or energy, for easier caveman management.
– And more!
And finally.. a ‘behind the scenes’ pack for the die hard fans!
Looking back on the past 5 years, it’s been interesting to see how our ideas developed. So I put together a bunch of old concept art, sketches, and even documents with notes on the development of Caveman Craig 2 (and some for Caveman Craig 1!), free for you to explore.
If you’re struggling to find a meaningful gift for your friends or family before the destruction of the entire world, then our Caveman Craig 2 “End of World Sale” is for you! Caveman Craig 2 is 50% off from cavemancraig.com between now and 1/1/13, or when the meteors fall, whichever comes first.
Furthermore, we guarantee to give you a full refund if the world does end before you get to have a full playthrough.
And if THAT’S not enough, then you might be pleased to know that, mayan’s willing, we’ll be releasing our “Battle at Dudu Forest” DLC for Caveman Craig 2 in early 2013, free for all owners of Caveman Craig 2!
Just click the banner at the top of this post to claim your bargain!
We’re really excited to be announcing the 2nd of our games in development – “Stadium Builder”! Check out our latest Vlog entry below for full details!
With Tim being quite the sports fan (I also enjoy the occasional yelling at the TV screen), we wanted to try something new and come up with a game that is appealing to fans of a number of international sports without forsaking our existing indie game fans. As such, Stadium Builder will be a true ode to simulation classics like Sim City, Sim Tower, and Theme Hospital – introduced into the smartphone/casual age!
I’ve been spending some time on the basic engine for Stadium Builder using GameMaker Studio, to become acquainted with its new functionality and changes in the programming language & interface. I’ll be uploading development videos for Stadium Builder throughout its development to keep you updated on its progress.
The Vlog above also reminds you of our “Battle at Dudu Forest” DLC which will be released once we get enough facebook likes, twitter followers, and youtube subscribers. We’re edging closer and closer! The DLC will include a new dinosaur or two, a new enemy to verse, new and special scenery, and some other challenges! So keep sharing Caveman Craig 2 with your friends and you’ll be rewarded!
Thank you all for your support!
Welcome to our new website & blog!
We wanted a site that was easier to maintain, and to also put all our eggs in one basket. All our press information, links, games, social integration, and our blog can be found on the same website, now. I’ve spent the past week or so putting this one together and am quite proud with the result.
If you were receiving new blog posts from us by email, you will need to RE-SUBSCRIBE from our new location to continue receiving email notifications. To do this, visit our website and enter your email address in the subscribe box! Thank you so much!
As for our old blog location (cavemancraig.wordpress.com), we will keep it in ‘archive’ mode, indefinitely, which means all the content will remain, but no more content (including comments) can be added. For all the latest news and comments, stick around here!
Thank you all for your support,
The DLC is a whole new conquest level for Caveman Craig 2, featuring new scenery, a new enemy tribe leader, and more!
While it will be free, the release date is in YOUR hands!
To broaden our fanbase and address a larger audience, we need your help to get 500 likes on facebook, 500 followers on twitter, and 250 youtube subscribers!
Once these 3 criteria are met, and we have finished developing it, we will release the DLC – free for anyone who owns Caveman Craig 2!
For all the info, check out our latest Vlog!
Check out our first video blog entry to hear from Tim about the new game that he and I are working on, “Nightbear”!
We have three projects up our sleeve that we hope to announce in the coming weeks and months. This is the first of the three!
In just over 9 hours, Parabox Games, Joe Hubert of Epic Vessel Games, and 4 other developers will be releasing the first “Indie Underdog Pack” bundle, featuring Caveman Craig: SE and 5 other brilliant indie games!
For those who are unfamiliar with bundles such as the Humble Bundle or The Indie Gala, indie bundles are seriously good value and are usually designed to support good causes and celebrate the little men of game design!
IUP is designed to support further development for the developers behind available games. For us, you would be supporting porting CC2 to Mac, iOS, and Android. You’ll also be helping us expose CC2 to the world and begin development on our next projects (Which are yet to be announced!)
For just $5 (that’s the same price as CC:SE on its own!) or more, you get CC:SE and 5 other games! Contribute more to this great cause and you’ll get a number of other benefits.
Even if you already own CC:SE, $5 is still great value for the other games!
WATCH THIS SPACE!
To download a full press release kit, including high-res screenshots, a snippet of the soundtrack, and other resources, CLICK HERE.
If you would like to arrange a review, interview, or would like further information, contact Parabox Games here!
Press Release Document
About the Game
- Hunters, who use rocks and clubs to bring down dinosaurs for food, and follow Craig into battle against other tribes,
- Gatherers, who drag the dinosaurs back to the cave and pick berries from nearby vegetation, and
- Preparers, who process the meat and fruit returned to the cave, allowing the player to buy more cavemen.
Craig (the player) must demonstrate these tasks to new cavemen to teach them.
Caveman Craig 2 features..
- Over 12 dinosaurs, including Velociraptors, Pterodactyls, and the brutal Tyrannosaurus Rex
- 35 “XP Rewards” that help defend and grow your tribe or disable your enemy. The XP Rewards include pet dinosaurs, teachers, catapults, and fully trained cavemen.
- A whole new twist on the original Caveman Craig game – conquer the enemy’s territory to win each level!
- Smart cavemen can eat, sleep, improve their skills (eventually unlocking a special ‘veteran’ bonus), and prioritise their tasks.
- New gametypes, dinosaurs, bonuses, achievements, and playable characters that can be unlocked!
- ‘Classic’ mode, where you must build your tribe up as large as possible while facing harder and more frequent threats – just like the original Caveman Craig!
- A professional, high quality soundtrack by platinum-selling musician Ricky Garcia
Reviews and Feedback
“The first [Caveman Craig] is incredibly awesome in so many ways. [Caveman Craig 2] tops that. Amazing job Rhys and Tim. Everyone should give this game a download!” – Joe Hubert, Epic Vessel Games
“To all who are unsure if this game is worth buying, allow me to remove all your doubts by saying that I have almost played this through, and not once did I feel like I didn’t get my money’s worth. This game is well optimized, lasts long, it’s challenging, and has plenty of replay value. It plays 10 times smoother than [Caveman Craig SE], and has as much more polish. It’s a perfect blend of superior programming and art, all complemented by smooth professional music. WELL worth the $10 you’ll pay.” – Amos Jones, Gamer
“The new graphics are stunning, along with all of the amazing visual effects. The game-play was so much smoother than CC1 and the new features make the game more interesting. It definitely will have a great replay value.” - ‘MicHorvath’, Gamer
About Parabox Games
Parabox Games is a small indie video game company, located in New South Wales, Australia. Although it formed in late 2010, founders Rhys Andrews and Tim Andrews have been designing games, programming, and animating together since years before.
Tim has worked in the animation industry for over 8 years, animating for television and feature productions.
Rhys is a veteran game programmer and game designer of over 7 years, finding success in a number of projects including Conflict: Arcade, Teka Teki (Released for PC, iOS, and Android), and Caveman Craig / Caveman Craig: Special Edition. Until 2007 he founded and managed a team of roughly 6 designers, named “GameCave Productions”. GameCave had a strong online community presence and released a large number of games, developer engines, and tutorials over the years.
After the success of Caveman Craig, Caveman Craig: Special Edition, and Teka Teki, Rhys and Tim decided to form Parabox Games to bring them all under one umbrella. Other contributors to Parabox Games include Greg Vanderbeek (artist) and Ricky Garcia (musician).
One goal of Parabox is to explore all the avenues and genres of indie gaming. We plan to release games for mobile devices (iOS, Android) as well as desktop platforms (Windows, Mac).
Caveman Craig Website: http://www.cavemancraig.com
Parabox Games Website: http://www.paraboxgames.com
Youtube Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJuEvgFBIZo
Parabox Games Twitter Page: http://twitter.com/paraboxgames
Parabox Games Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/paraboxgames
Caveman Craig Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/cavemancraig
Caveman Craig 2 Demo Download: http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/195143-caveman-craig-2-demo
Caveman Craig 1 Download: http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/33621-caveman-craig
Caveman Craig 2 Order Page: https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Orders.ShoppingCart?CID=4627&PRODUCTID=46270002
Ricky Garcia (Musician) Website: http://www.rickygarcia.com
For all enquiries and feedback, you can contact Rhys Andrews of Parabox Games via http://www.paraboxgames.com/contact.php.
Musician Ricky Garcia can be contacted via his website, www.rickygarcia.com.
Animator Tim Andrews can be contacted via his website, http://www.pacificrock.com.au