To download a full press release kit, including high-res screenshots, a snippet of the soundtrack, and other resources, CLICK HERE.
If you would like to arrange a review, interview, or would like further information, contact Parabox Games here!
Press Release Document
About the Game
- Hunters, who use rocks and clubs to bring down dinosaurs for food, and follow Craig into battle against other tribes,
- Gatherers, who drag the dinosaurs back to the cave and pick berries from nearby vegetation, and
- Preparers, who process the meat and fruit returned to the cave, allowing the player to buy more cavemen.
Craig (the player) must demonstrate these tasks to new cavemen to teach them.
Caveman Craig 2 features..
- Over 12 dinosaurs, including Velociraptors, Pterodactyls, and the brutal Tyrannosaurus Rex
- 35 “XP Rewards” that help defend and grow your tribe or disable your enemy. The XP Rewards include pet dinosaurs, teachers, catapults, and fully trained cavemen.
- A whole new twist on the original Caveman Craig game – conquer the enemy’s territory to win each level!
- Smart cavemen can eat, sleep, improve their skills (eventually unlocking a special ‘veteran’ bonus), and prioritise their tasks.
- New gametypes, dinosaurs, bonuses, achievements, and playable characters that can be unlocked!
- ‘Classic’ mode, where you must build your tribe up as large as possible while facing harder and more frequent threats – just like the original Caveman Craig!
- A professional, high quality soundtrack by platinum-selling musician Ricky Garcia
Reviews and Feedback
“The first [Caveman Craig] is incredibly awesome in so many ways. [Caveman Craig 2] tops that. Amazing job Rhys and Tim. Everyone should give this game a download!” – Joe Hubert, Epic Vessel Games
“To all who are unsure if this game is worth buying, allow me to remove all your doubts by saying that I have almost played this through, and not once did I feel like I didn’t get my money’s worth. This game is well optimized, lasts long, it’s challenging, and has plenty of replay value. It plays 10 times smoother than [Caveman Craig SE], and has as much more polish. It’s a perfect blend of superior programming and art, all complemented by smooth professional music. WELL worth the $10 you’ll pay.” – Amos Jones, Gamer
“The new graphics are stunning, along with all of the amazing visual effects. The game-play was so much smoother than CC1 and the new features make the game more interesting. It definitely will have a great replay value.” - ‘MicHorvath’, Gamer
About Parabox Games
Parabox Games is a small indie video game company, located in New South Wales, Australia. Although it formed in late 2010, founders Rhys Andrews and Tim Andrews have been designing games, programming, and animating together since years before.
Tim has worked in the animation industry for over 8 years, animating for television and feature productions.
Rhys is a veteran game programmer and game designer of over 7 years, finding success in a number of projects including Conflict: Arcade, Teka Teki (Released for PC, iOS, and Android), and Caveman Craig / Caveman Craig: Special Edition. Until 2007 he founded and managed a team of roughly 6 designers, named “GameCave Productions”. GameCave had a strong online community presence and released a large number of games, developer engines, and tutorials over the years.
After the success of Caveman Craig, Caveman Craig: Special Edition, and Teka Teki, Rhys and Tim decided to form Parabox Games to bring them all under one umbrella. Other contributors to Parabox Games include Greg Vanderbeek (artist) and Ricky Garcia (musician).
One goal of Parabox is to explore all the avenues and genres of indie gaming. We plan to release games for mobile devices (iOS, Android) as well as desktop platforms (Windows, Mac).
Caveman Craig Website: http://www.cavemancraig.com
Parabox Games Website: http://www.paraboxgames.com
Youtube Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJuEvgFBIZo
Parabox Games Twitter Page: http://twitter.com/paraboxgames
Parabox Games Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/paraboxgames
Caveman Craig Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/cavemancraig
Caveman Craig 2 Demo Download: http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/195143-caveman-craig-2-demo
Caveman Craig 1 Download: http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/33621-caveman-craig
Caveman Craig 2 Order Page: https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Orders.ShoppingCart?CID=4627&PRODUCTID=46270002
Ricky Garcia (Musician) Website: http://www.rickygarcia.com
For all enquiries and feedback, you can contact Rhys Andrews of Parabox Games via http://www.paraboxgames.com/contact.php.
Musician Ricky Garcia can be contacted via his website, www.rickygarcia.com.
Animator Tim Andrews can be contacted via his website, http://www.pacificrock.com.au
Caveman Craig 2 is a unique strategy game featuring Craig, a tribe leader whose goal is to take over the four tribes of “Boggdrop”. To do this, Craig must buy and train hunters, gatherers, and preparers to grow and protect his tribe.
This unique strategy survival game includes..
• Over 12 dinosaurs, including Velociraptors, Pterodactyls, and the brutal Tyrannosaurus Rex
• 35 “XP rewards” that help defend and grow your tribe or disable your enemy. The XP Rewards include pet dinosaurs, teachers, catapults, and fully trained cavemen.
• A whole new twist on the original Caveman Craig game; conquer the enemy’s territory to win each level!
• Smart cavemen that can sleep, eat, improve their skills (eventually unlocking a special ‘veteran bonus’), and prioritise their tasks.
• New gametypes, dinosaurs, bonuses, achievements, and playable characters that can be unlocked!
• ‘Classic’ mode, where you must build your tribe as large as possible while facing harder and more frequent threats – just like the original Caveman Craig!
• A professional, high quality soundtrack by platinum-selling musician Ricky Garcia
Caveman Craig 2 is available on PC for just $9.99.
Buy it now!
A free playable demo is also available here!
You can also check out our epic game trailer!
And now a note to our fans, followers, and anyone who contributed to us or supported us sometime in the past 4 years…
Thankyou!! Your patience, feedback, and support means so much to us. It’s been a long time coming, we know, and we hope you enjoy playing the game as much as we have enjoyed developing it!
Rhys Andrews & Tim Andrews
We are very pleased to have two great things to show you this evening!
Firstly, check out our epic Caveman Craig 2 gameplay trailer! Tim spent a lot of time on this and it has turned out awesome. Make sure to watch it in 720p or 1080p for maximum viewing pleasure!
In the leadup for the CC2 launch, we are also releasing some of the fantastic pieces of music included in the game, composed by Ricky Garcia.
Ricky Garcia is a diverse and professional guitarist & composer, and has played and composed for a number of companies and artists, including Steinberg, LaFee, Jordan Rudess of Dream Theater, and now Parabox Games!
The first track we have for you is “Malus”. Check it out here!
Caveman Craig 2 will be available via our website for $9.99 US. A free playable demo will also be available!
Stay tuned for some more exciting news on the Caveman Craig front throughout this week and thank you all once more for your persistent and loyal support.
Excitement is brewing as we come to the final stages of CC2’s production.
I have finished all my graphic work, and can (mostly) put my feet up as Rhys finishes up his programming duties on the game.
The last graphical things I had to make, were a series of icons to represent 22 “achievements” that can be… um… achieved in the game. Here are just a handful to whet your appetite:
As a token of our thanks for your trust, support, and patience over the past months and years, we have released a CC2 demo for anyone who has pre-ordered the game.
If you pre-ordered the game before today, you should have received an email from me with a private download link. Otherwise, the CC2 demo will be included in the package you are sent when you pre-order the game through our distributor, BMT Micro.
The demo includes a tutorial and initial level of the game, with a handful of the rewards and dinosaurs that are in the full game. The demo will eventually be available to the public – probably once the full game is released in coming weeks.
This year has been a very busy one for Tim and I, as we have been working very hard to get the biggest game project of our lives completed after 3 years of on and off development.
So if you want a taste of Caveman Craig 2 TODAY then pre-order the game! You also get Caveman Craig: SE to play immediately until the full version of CC2 is released.
On behalf of Tim and I, we wish you all a very happy new year and we are very excited about what 2012 will bring for Parabox Games.
It is with great excitement that we announce this pre-order deal for Caveman Craig 2: The Tribes of Boggdrop! The long-awaited and highly anticipated sequel to the award winning indie hit will be available sometime between now and 2012 (so you get a chance to play before the world ends).
After over 2 years, Craig is back, and ready to conquer the 4 tribes of boggdrop! Caveman Craig 2 provides a whole new twist while remaining faithful to all the things we know and love from the original!
- Over 12 dinosaurs, including the classics and a grakload of new frightening threats!
- Featuring a whole new gameplay experience in which you must take over 4 increasingly difficult tribes with unique Craig equals!
- Smarter cavemen can sleep, eat, improve their skills (eventually unlocking a special ‘veteran bonus’), and prioritise their tasks.
- Over 3 extra gametypes including ‘Classic/Survival’, where you must build your tribe as large as possible while facing harder and more frequent threats – just like the original Caveman Craig!
Pre-order Caveman Craig 2 for just $9.99 US, and get all these additional benefits because you’re all so awesome:
- You will receive Caveman Craig 2 a week before everyone else
- You also get a FREE copy of Caveman Craig: SE to keep you entertained while you wait!
- Finally, we’ll chuck in an exclusive content pack including a CC2 wallpaper and some BETA screenshots.
In preparation for the CC2 launch, the Caveman Craig website has been completely redesigned. Go there NOW to pre-order the game and check out our other Caveman Craig games if you haven’t already! http://www.cavemancraig.com.
The private BETA is being distributed to a few friends and family members for testing over this weekend. The focus for this round of testing is on enjoyability, replay value, the game mechanic, and learning curve – of course, bug and glitches will be found too along the way and we’ll be working on those.
Once this is done, we will be completing the frontend/HUD stuff, creating each level in the conquest gametype, and then putting together all the other gametypes.
Thankyou all so much for your support!
Rhys & Tim
Just a quick entry today, to let you all know that Teka Teki is now available on Android for 95 US cents. So if anyone here has an Android phone, spend 95 cents and make me happy =)
PS: New CC2 entries coming soon.
TEKA TEKI is now available for iPhone and iPod touch! This is a very exciting venture for us as we ‘test the waters’ of the app store.
It’s only 99 cents and it’s every bit as good (and improved) as the desktop version. A great game to have in your pocket for when you’re bored.
If you’re not sure, try out the lite version first. The full version is so much better though… i’m such a bad salesman.
Though somewhat unrelated to Caveman Craig, we’ve an exciting announcement or two to make.
Firstly, Tim and I have decided to form a design team as an umbrella for the games that we create together (this includes Caveman Craig, The Treasure House Game, and other games that I have created recently including Teka Teki). We’re calling this team Parabox Games. A website is coming soon!
Secondly, thanks to YoYo Games’ new publishing service, Teka Teki will be coming soon to iPhone / iPod, and later iPad! A free lite version will also be available. I don’t know about you guys but I think it’s something that really suits the iPhone!
Have a great week,