Caveman Craig BETA Program Invite
The pun is inexcusable, but we are “full Steam ahead” with the upcoming release of Caveman Craig. If you’ve been following us on twitter, we posted a few weird screenshots of our BETA testing experiences over the weekend.
You should soon see the game details on the Steam store, and more details will arrive soon after on pricing, dates, and so on.
We do have a sort-of unfortunate announcement regarding the BETA program mentioned in our previous post. While we would love to provide early BETA access to everyone who owns Caveman Craig 2, we found out that it’s frowned upon and not always allowed by Valve, for a mass distribution of BETA keys.
So instead, we are offering any purchasers of Caveman Craig 2 to ‘opt in’ to the BETA program. We only have a limited number of spots, and our schedule is really tight! So if you are interested in working closely with us to make Caveman Craig as awesome as it can possibly be, please opt in using the Google Form!
CAVEMAN CRAIG: THE TRIBES OF BOGGDROP – Coming to Steam in August!
Parabox Games are excited to announce that, following Caveman Craig 2 being greenlit on Steam, we will be releasing a revamped, refreshed, and updated adventure with our hero, titled Caveman Craig: The Tribes of Boggdrop, or simply Caveman Craig for short. We plan to release Caveman Craig in August, 2015!
Caveman Craig will include a grokkload of new features and improvements, including the long awaited and embarrassingly over-delayed Dudu Forest DLC!
“Wait.. what?? Didn’t you release Caveman Craig 2 like.. 3 years ago?”
That’s correct, we did! And Caveman Craig is, as far as our existing fanbase is concerned, simply an overhaul of Caveman Craig 2, but with a new name. Our chore-list for a Steam release got so long, that we realised we’re releasing a sort of reboot. Branding this reboot as simply Caveman Craig allows the game to stand on its own two feet and attract our new Steam market.
“Ok – so what are the new features in Caveman Craig?”
If you’ve already bought & played Caveman Craig 2, here are some features that may be particularly interesting to you..
- Engine Overhaul - The game has been ported to GameMaker: Studio from GameMaker 8 for massive performance benefits, plus making a number of other new features possible and fixing a number of crashes that were caused by the ageing GM8 engine with newer machines.
- Sound Engine Overhaul - Better positional audio, dynamic effects, new & replaced sound effects. plus an expanded soundtrack by Ricky Garcia.
- Graphics Engine Improvements - Better scaling, new lighting/shader engine, tweaked animations, and more!
- Support for Mac OS X – Native and full support for Mac OS X! Play Caveman Craig and wear a scarf!
Dudu Forest DLC - Included by default in Caveman Craig will be our long-awaited Battle at Dudu Forest DLC. Featuring:
- A whole new Conquest level with a new dinosaur, playable character / enemy, and other secrets..
- Unique challenges and unlocks added throughout the campaign. Harvest mushrooms, collect the rare colourful Scansoriopteryx feathers, or find the long lost tablets of caveman wisdom and literature!
- New achievements and unlocks, including some really stupid cheats!
- Multiplayer - Invite your friend over to your house like we did in the 90s and play Conquest or Survival mode in 2 player split-screen co-op! Requires a game controller (PlayStation or Xbox controllers are good)
- Custom Games – Play a customised game of Conquest or Survival mode – make it super hard, super easy, or super weird!
- Gameplay and control improvements - Dinosaur behaviour improvements, improved HUD and learning curve, and heaps more – too many to list!
- Steam only features - Friend leaderboards for various game statistics, Steam achievements, Profile and game save sync over Steam cloud.
“I already own CC2! Do I have to buy Caveman Craig? Wasn’t the DLC meant to be free?”
Do not fear! Caveman Craig will be free for existing owners of Caveman Craig 2. In fact, if you own a copy of the game, we would like to warmly invite you to participate in our BETA program on Steam. More details on this to come soon..
We want to thank our long term fans for their continued support of the Caveman Craig franchise. It is so exciting to bring the game to a new market, and breathe new life into our game.