To download a full press release kit, including high-res screenshots, a snippet of the soundtrack, and other resources, CLICK HERE.
If you would like to arrange a review, interview, or would like further information, contact Parabox Games here!
Press Release Document
About the Game
- Hunters, who use rocks and clubs to bring down dinosaurs for food, and follow Craig into battle against other tribes,
- Gatherers, who drag the dinosaurs back to the cave and pick berries from nearby vegetation, and
- Preparers, who process the meat and fruit returned to the cave, allowing the player to buy more cavemen.
Craig (the player) must demonstrate these tasks to new cavemen to teach them.
Caveman Craig 2 features..
- Over 12 dinosaurs, including Velociraptors, Pterodactyls, and the brutal Tyrannosaurus Rex
- 35 “XP Rewards” that help defend and grow your tribe or disable your enemy. The XP Rewards include pet dinosaurs, teachers, catapults, and fully trained cavemen.
- A whole new twist on the original Caveman Craig game – conquer the enemy’s territory to win each level!
- Smart cavemen can eat, sleep, improve their skills (eventually unlocking a special ‘veteran’ bonus), and prioritise their tasks.
- New gametypes, dinosaurs, bonuses, achievements, and playable characters that can be unlocked!
- ‘Classic’ mode, where you must build your tribe up as large as possible while facing harder and more frequent threats – just like the original Caveman Craig!
- A professional, high quality soundtrack by platinum-selling musician Ricky Garcia
Reviews and Feedback
“The first [Caveman Craig] is incredibly awesome in so many ways. [Caveman Craig 2] tops that. Amazing job Rhys and Tim. Everyone should give this game a download!” – Joe Hubert, Epic Vessel Games
“To all who are unsure if this game is worth buying, allow me to remove all your doubts by saying that I have almost played this through, and not once did I feel like I didn’t get my money’s worth. This game is well optimized, lasts long, it’s challenging, and has plenty of replay value. It plays 10 times smoother than [Caveman Craig SE], and has as much more polish. It’s a perfect blend of superior programming and art, all complemented by smooth professional music. WELL worth the $10 you’ll pay.” – Amos Jones, Gamer
“The new graphics are stunning, along with all of the amazing visual effects. The game-play was so much smoother than CC1 and the new features make the game more interesting. It definitely will have a great replay value.” - ‘MicHorvath’, Gamer
About Parabox Games
Parabox Games is a small indie video game company, located in New South Wales, Australia. Although it formed in late 2010, founders Rhys Andrews and Tim Andrews have been designing games, programming, and animating together since years before.
Tim has worked in the animation industry for over 8 years, animating for television and feature productions.
Rhys is a veteran game programmer and game designer of over 7 years, finding success in a number of projects including Conflict: Arcade, Teka Teki (Released for PC, iOS, and Android), and Caveman Craig / Caveman Craig: Special Edition. Until 2007 he founded and managed a team of roughly 6 designers, named “GameCave Productions”. GameCave had a strong online community presence and released a large number of games, developer engines, and tutorials over the years.
After the success of Caveman Craig, Caveman Craig: Special Edition, and Teka Teki, Rhys and Tim decided to form Parabox Games to bring them all under one umbrella. Other contributors to Parabox Games include Greg Vanderbeek (artist) and Ricky Garcia (musician).
One goal of Parabox is to explore all the avenues and genres of indie gaming. We plan to release games for mobile devices (iOS, Android) as well as desktop platforms (Windows, Mac).
Caveman Craig Website: http://www.cavemancraig.com
Parabox Games Website: http://www.paraboxgames.com
Youtube Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJuEvgFBIZo
Parabox Games Twitter Page: http://twitter.com/paraboxgames
Parabox Games Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/paraboxgames
Caveman Craig Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/cavemancraig
Caveman Craig 2 Demo Download: http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/195143-caveman-craig-2-demo
Caveman Craig 1 Download: http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/33621-caveman-craig
Caveman Craig 2 Order Page: https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Orders.ShoppingCart?CID=4627&PRODUCTID=46270002
Ricky Garcia (Musician) Website: http://www.rickygarcia.com
For all enquiries and feedback, you can contact Rhys Andrews of Parabox Games via http://www.paraboxgames.com/contact.php.
Musician Ricky Garcia can be contacted via his website, www.rickygarcia.com.
Animator Tim Andrews can be contacted via his website, http://www.pacificrock.com.au